Friday, October 26, 2012

Candy Corn Splatter!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much this week. I had a ton of school work that snuck up on me! I have another platter mani for you all today! Who doesn't love candy corn? I'm working on a tutorial post for this as well. I haven't done a tutorial post yet so it's taking me awhile to figure out how to photograph the steps. It's coming soon though! I think I have two or three more Halloween manis to accomplish. I hope you all like them! On to the candy corn!

So, just like any splatter mani you need your basic tools: a straw (cut into multiple pieces if you have multiple colors), a paper towel, tape or vaseline to protect around your fingers, your polish of choice, and q-tips for clean up. For this mani, I knew I wanted my base to be white so the yellow and orange would really pop! I used two coats of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Wales. I love this white, it's amazing. For the yellow I used Maybelline- Fierce N Tangy, and the orange is Sinful Colors- Courtney Orange. I love that Courtney Orange has shimmer because it adds something extra to the mani. To create the splatter, literally all you do is dip the straw into the polish and blow it on to the nail. If you don't get as much splatter as you want, do it again. It's really simple, just messy! Make sure to wait about 10 minutes before you put your topcoat on or it will smear your splatter.

Two coats of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Splattered with Maybelline- Fierce N Tangy, and Sinful Colors- Courtney Orange
One coat of Gelous
One coat of Poshe



I always love the way splatter manis look in the end. It might be a bit time consuming and messy, but totally worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like the way that came out a lot. I never thought to do a splatter mani for candy corn. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, this is so cute--what a great idea! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely LOVE this, it's so vivid!

    ReplyDelete