Monday, January 28, 2013

Leopard Print Featuring Bettina Polishes

HiHiHi!

It's been like two weeks since I've typed up a post! The past three posts that went up were all scheduled because I was on a Caribbean cruise for two weeks. It was amazing, and of course I had to pick up a few polishes! We stopped in Puerto Rico, and I went on a hunt for Bettina polishes. I've seen Bettina polishes on a few blogs, mostly Let Them Have Polish. Luckily, we were docked right by a CVS, and they sold Bettina. From what I hear, Bettina is sold mainly in Southern Florida and Puerto Rico. 

I ended up only picking up four, and I knew I wanted to do a design with them. So I tried my had at a freehanded leopard print for the first time! I used a tutorial by Chalkboard Nails. All you need is polish, and a small/medium dotting tool. I ended up using three of the four polishes I bought. For my base I used two coats of Bettina- Sand Blast, which is a very light, but opaque, gray creme. Then for the spots I used Bettina- Secret Garden, a medium purple, and Bettina- Charmed, a pinky-coral. In the bottle, Charmed appears to have a slight shimmer, but I don't really notice it on the nail. All have awesome pigmentation, and I'm punching myself in the face for not picking up more! They were pretty cheap to. I think around $2.40. 

Two coats of Bettina- Sand Blast
Bettina- Secret Garden and Charmed for the spots
One coat of Poshe



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! A few spots are pretty derpy, but I like it. I'm excited to try a few more combinations!



4 comments: