Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Reader's Choice Wednesday Featuring Amy's Nail Boutique

Yay! This will be the first post for Reader's Choice Wednesday! Sorry for the lack of posts this past week. I had a bunch to do. I also managed to break a nail at work. I should know by now not to go to work without polish on! Thankfully it didn't break so badly that they had to become nubbins. I aslo wanted to take a moment and congratulate Erin and Corrinne for winning my Facebook and blog giveaways! I hope you ladies love your new polish!

There was actually a tie for Reader's Choice. It was between Amy's Nail Boutique- Preppy and Nostalgic Nail Lacquer- Jordan. I ended up choosing Preppy! It's actually two of my favorite colors, lime green and pink! It's also matte glitter, so what more could a girl ask for! I couldn't decide if I wanted to layer it or not. I went back and forth quite a bit. I ended up not layering it because I really wanted the glitter to stand out. I don't think I would recommend not layering it. It took me four coats to achieve to opacity you see below. As you might have guessed, it because quite thick. Not horribly thick but it's noticeable. The polish applied wonderfully. The glitter just isn't really dense enough to use by itself. In the end, the tiny lime green and pink matte glitters look stunning. From far away they give off an orange hue. I'm in love! You can purchase Amy's polish from her Etsy


Four coats of Amy's Nail Boutique- Preppy
One coat of Poshe



My next mani for the Lazy Days of Summer Challenge will be up soon! Don't forget to vote for next weeks Reader's Choice Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. that is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Amy's polishes are gorgeous. I don't have this one, but I can't wait to try Pink Lemonade

    ReplyDelete