Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

Hello!!

I hope everyone has had a great week! I was feeling springy today, and decided to try my hand at some floral nail art. I really had no idea where I was going with this, but I think it turned out kinda cute!

For this mani I used Zoya- Coraline as my base. Coraline is a bright jelly orange. I used three coats, and it still showed my tips a bit. Then I used Zoya- Lara (medium pink) and Shelby (light pink) to create my flower. I used a tiny nail art brush, and just painted lines in a semi circle half way up my nail. To create a bit more dimension, I added a bit of Zoya- Belle for some sparkle. Then I poped on an orange rhinestone to make it a bit more flower-esque. It kinda looks a bit like daises, and I love that it's so bright!

Three coats of Zoya- Coraline
Zoya- Lara, Shelby and Belle
One coat of Poshe



I've really been into simple nail art lately. If you have any suggestions I should try, let me know!


9 comments:

  1. LOVE these! I have Coraline - will have to try it with pinks when I get back home and done with this hospital and medical junk this month. I was nuts for Coraline when it was released - not many of them came out as I recall - know I had to hunt it down on the secondary market - thinking it was in one of the ltd designer fashion shades that never came into the regular line up like many of them have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute mani...I love it! Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how much I ABSOLUTELY love this!! I never think to mix orange and pink, even with clothes, but whenever I see it, I love the combination. That is such an awesome mani!! It's going into my "let me try this out" folder!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Lesley! You'll have to post it on my FB page if you try it out!

      Delete
    2. I certainly will! I'm down to sad little nubbins right now, but when they are a little longer, I'll be trying it out! :)

      Delete
    3. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I linked this post to my own blog, just saying that I want to try this look out for my vacation. If you want me to break the link, please let me know!! :)

      Delete
    4. No, I don't mind at all! Thanks for the support!

      Delete